Hot-dip galvanizing of steel after cold treatment
By cold deformation of the metal produced a significant number of structures and elements. Deformation can be forced by hot-dip galvanizing. Due to the increase in temperature, wear occurs at a faster rate than the ambient temperature.
The reduction in ductility of steel is caused by cold treatment of metal.
Different kinds of actions: punching of slots and cuts can cause the instability of the steel. The number of things created by cold warping has decreased significantly.
To reduce the amount of deformation of steel fragility is possible, following the following rules:
- To use a steel with low carbon content;
- Take the alloy with minor temperature transitions;
- Watch out for the prevention of incisions, as they lead to increased stress. For large sections, use the sawing;
- To prevent the coating from becoming brittle, make sure that the holes are punched. They should be extended to 3mm or up to the size of the hole;
- Steel profiles with edges greater than 16 mm are cut in a standard way;
- Steel processing is allowed by the hot method under critical conditions. It is better to pre-digitize several models and test them before creating the following elements;
Hydrogen embrittlement can occur during cold processing. The formation of hydrogen occurs during a chemical reaction between steel and chemicals. The emission of hydrogen occurs in the form of a gas due to lowering into liquid zinc. Thus, hydrogen can lead to hydrogen embrittlement if the steel has been deformed in a small place.
In case of exceeding 1100 MPa of steel tensile strength hydrogen brittleness is of interest. To prevent the instability became necessary to resort to mechanical cleaning kupiruemaya areas of steel.