Hot-dip galvanizing of Kirov
Metal structures should have not only strength, but also a high degree of corrosion protection. In the middle of the 19th century, a method of preserving the integrity of steel products, increasing their productivity – immersion in hot zinc was invented.
Hot-dip galvanizing in Kirov has certain advantages:
- significantly increases the performance of the product;
- a high degree of thermal conductivity and energy conductivity is maintained;
- item does not require subsequent repair;
- in case of mechanical damage, the coating can be restored independently;
- only this technology allows to cover the inner surface of the metal structure. The rest interact only with the external;
- service life is increased to 50 years.
Along with the benefits should take into account the characteristics of the operation:
- zinc has the characteristic of penetrating into the structure of the material. The penetration rate is about 2 mm per year;
- after application of the protective layer from the details may be insignificant to change the color, gloss surface;
- special attention should be paid to parts with bolts or threaded. They are most susceptible to corrosion;
- when applying the zinc mixture there is a large consumption of the composition;
- not all parts are recommended for this method of treatment – it makes no sense to apply an additional layer to small elements, and large ones can not fit into a container filled with a solution.
The operation itself requires careful preparation-cleaning, etching, washing, fluxing. Then the item is immersed in a solution of heated zinc. It is recommended to keep no more than 10 minutes, after which it is necessary to remove the excess and dry.
If the procedure is carried out efficiently, the product will last a long time. If there are doubts, it is possible to check compliance of a metalwork to the established state standards.
The thickness of the protective layer GOST allows you to check in two ways:
- in the case of using the metallographic method, the layer on the cut cross section is studied under a microscope. It is recommended to make at least 3 measurements, after which you should calculate the arithmetic mean;
- in the magnetic method applied casinogatru. Magnetic resistance measurement allows to calculate the actual thickness of the protective layer.
Since additional treatments are often carried out on top of the zinc layer, it is recommended to check the thickness before these treatments. When checking the thickness of the fasteners, measurements should be made on the heads.
Hot-dip galvanizing in Kirov expands the possibilities of using metal in construction – it is permissible to process the supports of power lines, bridge supports, radio towers.