Hot-dip galvanizing services
Metal is a popular material for the construction of buildings, structures, industrial structures. The only drawback – corrosion, the impact of which can damage parts and destroy them completely.
Among the options for protecting the metal is best known hot-dip galvanizing. The service of such processing is carried out more than three hundred years, still remaining popular and in demand. For the first time the idea to use zinc as a means of extending the service life came to the Frenchman Malouin. Chemist by education was able to study in detail the interaction of metal and zinc. In practice, testing technology, Malwan noted strength appeared protective coating. A hundred years later, another Frenchman – Sorel – patented the method of hot dip galvanizing. Knowledge quickly spread to Eastern Europe and Russia.
The technology of galvanizing involves several steps. The steel part is thoroughly prepared for immersion in the metal. The surface of the product is completely cleaned using chemistry. The residues of fats, rust, scale and other synthetic compounds are removed. Then a solution of flux is applied to the surface. It is the fluxing that makes the steel smooth, shiny, smooth. At this stage, a protective film is formed, which increases the quality of adhesion of zinc and metal.
Immersion in zinc solution is fast enough (3-10 minutes). After the final drying, the part can be used in production.
Due to the relative ease of processing, the hot-dip galvanizing service costs an order of magnitude less than other protective procedures. There are other advantages:
- it is liquid zinc that can cover the outer and inner surface of the part with an anti-corrosion layer;
- the service life after galvanizing is increased by 30 years and is half a century;
- no additional application of any paint protective layers is required;
- a high rate of thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity is maintained;
- zinc prevents hydrogen embrittlement of steel;
- the protective composition allows the surface to self-repair after minor mechanical damage;
- the processing process is fully automated and requires almost no human intervention;
- each stage of preparation, galvanizing is safe-the device includes hoods for removal of harmful fumes;
- the metal structure treated in this way does not require additional maintenance and repair.
It is not surprising that the technology of immersion in zinc is used in many areas of construction. The elements of the industrial, private construction of fences, water pipes, corrugated sheets is necessarily processed by the zinc melt. Strengthening is exposed to household utensils-basins, tanks, utensils made of metal.