Galvanizing of metal Ekaterinburg
Galvanizing metal - a way to protect steel products from corrosion and mechanical damage. It is galvanizing that can significantly expand the scope of application of metal structures.
Machined steel parts are applied:
- private construction. Corrugated Board, mesh, pipes must be treated with zinc;
- household utensils – pots, pots, metal utensils;
- urban infrastructure improvement. Galvanizing is carried out for stair railings, public transport stops, construction of playgrounds;
- industrial construction-supports power lines, bridges, radio towers.
It is galvanizing that gives the metal some advantages:
- wear. The electrical wire becomes unusable after 7-10 years. After zinc coating its service life is increased to 50 years;
- high heat and electrical conductivity;
- reliable corrosion protection;
- the ability to recover from mechanical damage.
In the city of Yekaterinburg galvanizing metal is carried out in different ways.
The most well-known, least-expensive – hot-dip galvanizing. The steel part is immersed for a few minutes (3-8) in a solution of zinc heated to 450 degrees. After preliminary preparation of the product for immersion, a film is formed on the surface that securely adheres to the surface of the part and the zinc melt. Among the disadvantages of hot-dip galvanizing can be noted high consumption of zinc, very stringent requirements for the surface of the steel.
The second most popular method of galvanizing is thermal diffusion. The metal structure is placed inside a completely closed container. Treated then heated up to 280-450 degrees in pairs of zinc. The atoms penetrate into the intercrystalline lattice of iron. The advantages of diffusion is the ability to cover zinc detail of any shape. However, the dimensions are significantly limited by the dimensions of the container.
Galvanizing is carried out in a special drum. It is inside the drum that electrochemical processes are started. The surface of the part becomes blue, white or iridescent hue. Sometimes you can get a white matte color. Electroplating is used for decorative purposes. The zinc layer is so thin that it does not provide any reliable protection. In addition, the adhesive properties are also quite low.
Cold galvanizing is the simplest. A special dye or primer is applied to the prepared surface. The mixture is necessarily composed of 98% zinc powder. The result of cold galvanizing is not just a protected metal, but also an attractive appearance.