A variety of measures are taken to protect the metal from corrosion. Today there is a wide variety of methods of metal processing both from the inside and from the outside of the pipe, and the most popular is hot-dip galvanizing. This is a budget, simple and reliable method. The technology of the process is simple. Galvanizing of the pipe is carried out by immersing the part in a zinc-filled bath. Depending on the length of stay in the molten composition will depend on the final thickness of the protective layer. According to the technology, it is in the range of 40-200 microns.
Advantages of hot dip galvanizing of pipes
The choice of processing method depends directly on the received properties. That is why this method gives the processed profile pipes such characteristics:
- increased corrosion resistance of the outer surface of the pipe to negative factors by 5 times due to the zinc layer. The original coating is identical in its characteristics with stainless steel;
- increased resistance to falls and mechanical damage;
- with abrasive friction there are minimal losses, only 7%;
- the part is completely immersed in the solution, which ensures the treatment of all areas;
- zinc has the unique property of self-healing due to the increased rate of anagnosti zinc;
- cost reduction due to no need to repaint the treated pipe;
- increased service life.
Features of hot-dip galvanizing
The company "EZI" performs galvanizing of metal pipes in accordance with all standards, and experts adhere to the process according to GOST 9.307-89. This allows you to make pipes with the necessary performance. The procedure of pipe galvanizing consists in the following stages:
- the suspension of the workpiece for further processing;
- degreasing the surface of the pipe;
- removal of oxide film due to etching in hydrochloric acid;
- purification of the oxide film;
- immersion in a bath of zinc;
- the centrifuge removes the remaining hot metal;
- drying at high temperature;
- pipe heating to increase the quality of the galvanized layer;
- carrying out quality checks on the thickness of the metal and the uniformity of the coating. It is carried out by means of laboratory analysis and visual inspection.